Application Process - New Students
Admission to The Winstedt School is determined through a thoughtful application process that prioritises ensuring a good fit for both your child and our community.
Winstedt offers rolling enrolment to students who can benefit from our individualised approach and small student-to-teacher ratio.
Our learning approach was developed for students with an average IQ or above, and does not cater to students with primary emotional or behavioural difficulties. Where students have emotional or behavioural challenges as a result of educational frustration, support can be provided.
Step 1: Enquire
Give us a call, drop us an email or submit an online Enquiry form. An Admissions representative will be in touch to answer any questions or simply provide general information.
Step 2: Visit
You can schedule a tour by contacting email@example.com or by registering via this site. The visit provides the opportunity for you to see the facilities, get a glimpse into a classroom and become acquainted with our School’s curriculum and culture. We encourage families to bring the child along for the tour so he or she can get a feel for the school and we can conduct an informal assessment for suitability.
Begin by registering at https://winstedt.finalsiteapply.com
The online application platform will guide you through how to upload the required documents.
1. Student's birth certificate
2. Student's passport and identity card
3. Digital headshot photograph of the student
4. Parents' passports and identity cards
5. Immunisation recordsIf Available:
6. School reports (at least 2 years preferred)
7. Copies of standardised test scores
8. Recent Speech and Language and/or Occupational Therapy evaluations. The evaluation/s should have taken place within the last 18 months.
9. Most recent Educational Psychological assessment. This report must include results from the WISC-IV or V cognitive assessment as well as achievement scores. The report must be dated within the last 24 months.
Step 4: Trial
Based on the information provided in the Application Form and following your visit, the School will decide if your child can proceed with a 1-3-day class trial. A trial is an integral component of our Admissions process. It allows your child to try us out and gives us the opportunity to assess your child for a potential fit.
In some situations, the trial can be waived based on application documents and students can be given a conditional placement.
Step 5: Decision
Following the trial, an Admissions representative will notify the parents of the outcome.
If our Admissions team finds the student cannot be appropriately supported, every effort will be made to refer parents to possible alternatives.Step 6: Enrolment
If admitted, The Winstedt School will send a Placement Letter offering a place in the school and outlining any conditions of enrolment. Parents must inform us, within 7 days, of acceptance by signing the Placement Letter and paying the Enrolment Fee.
Private Education Institution (PEI) Student Contract
The Winstedt School is an accredited Private Education Institution (PEI) and students must complete the PEI Student Contract. It is mandatory for all students to have a valid contract before making any payment of school fees or attending any classes as per CPE regulation.
After the signed Placement Letter has been received, parents will be sent the PEI Student Contract and invoiced for the initial instalment of School Fees. The signed Student Contract and first instalment of School Fees must also be submitted within 7 days of receipt in order to secure your child's place in the school.
- This application is made on the understanding that the child has a basic command of English.
- If information relevant to the extent of the child’s educational, emotional, social or health needs has not been made apparent to the School on the date of admission, the School reserves the right to ask parents to withdraw the child, based on the School’s assessment (in its sole discretion) that the School is unable to meet the child’s needs.
The School reserves the right to allocate places at its discretion in special circumstances. Enrolment will be considered as vacancies become available.
The Winstedt School gives priority to applications
• Siblings of currently enrolled students
• Accepted and waitlisted individuals