TWS Fast Facts
The Winstedt School Fast Facts
- We believe that every child deserves to be
taught in the way she or he learns best
- Ages of Students: 4-17; Reception to Year 10 (additional grade levels opening each academic year)
- Current Enrolment: 185 students
- Number of Classroom-based staff: 62 including Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Behavioural Therapist, Clinical Psychologist, School Counsellor, and Teacher-Librarian.
- Maximum Student-Teacher ratio is 15:2.
- School Day: 8:15 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., Monday to
- Small Literacy and Math classes provide each student the opportunity to learn by actively engaging in the subject with teachers and peers
- Two experienced teachers are assigned to every classroom for differentiated instruction and collaborative teaching
- Provides two mainstream international curricula that meets the needs of every learner; The IPC (“International Primary Curriculum” UK) and IMYC (International Middle Years Curriculum") as well as the Edexcel IPC and, Edexcel Lower Secondary Curriculum based on the UK national curriculum for the Junior School. IGCSE/GCSE ("International General Certificate of Secondary Education" UK) and ASDAN for the Senior School.
- The Winstedt School is a fully independent,
non-sectarian school governed by an Academic Board, Examination Board and
Advisory Board composed of heads of departments, stakeholders, parents and
professionals whose expertise add to the growth of the school. The Winstedt
School is registered with the Committee of Private
Education in Singapore.